An allocation of over $24 million in funding has been provided to eight councils in the electorate of Pearce under the Liberal Government’s Roads to Recovery Program.
The Roads to Recovery Program supports the maintenance of the nation’s local roads, ensuring greater community connectivity, improved road safety, and local economic growth.
Federal Member for Pearce, Christian Porter, said that these allocations represent a win for the electorate of Pearce.
“The funding provides councils with the ability to invest in upgrading local roads which, in turn, enhance connectivity, improve road safety, stimulate local economic growth, and achieve greater social outcomes.
“The Program will provide $2 billion to local government bodies across Australia from 2019-20 to 2023-24.
“The Liberal Government is investing $400 million each and every year following an extension of the Program in the 2016 Budget to deliver a further $50 million per annum from 2019-20 onwards.”
Councils in the electorate of Pearce will receive the following amounts over the 2019-20 to 2023-24 period:
• the Shire of Beverley, $1,214,606;
• the Shire of Chittering, $1,183,168;
• the Shire of Gingin, $2,181,182;
• the Shire of Northam, $2,018,356;
• the City of Swan, $6,738,257;
• the Shire of Toodyay, $1,447,510;
• the City of Wanneroo, $7,744,925; and
• the Shire of York, $1,587,472.