Christian Porter MHR and Dylan Alcott; Australia’s Patron for 2017 International Day of People with Disability.
Federal Member for Pearce, Christian Porter, would like to see Pearce individuals, workplaces and businesses who have improved the lives of Australians with disability nominated for a National Disability Award.
Mr Porter said these awards offer a platform to highlight the community’s efforts to help break down barriers for people with disability.
“If you know someone who works tirelessly to reduce social discrimination and uphold the rights of people with disability in our community, then I encourage you to nominate them for an award,” Mr Porter said.
“It is extremely important that we champion the everyday achievements that are paving the way for an inclusive society for all.”
The 2017 National Disability Awards will showcase best practice across the community in five award categories:
1. Lesley Hall Leadership Award - recognises excellence in development of reform opportunities that improve the lives of people with disability.
2. Employer of the Year Award – recognises excellence in workforce diversity by providing sustainable employment opportunities for people with disability.
3. Community Excellence Award – recognises excellence in improving access and participation in Australian life for people with disability.
4. Excellence in Innovation Award – recognises excellence in innovation in services, places, communities or accessible technologies to improve the lives of people with disability.
5. Excellence in Education and Training Award - recognises excellence in inclusive education or vocational training that delivers improved economic and social outcomes for people with disability.
Nominations close on 6 August 2017 and winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in Canberra on 3 December 2017. Nominate now at www.idpwd.com.au