Food is wonderful – so is preserving your own produce! There are many techniques to prolong the life of your harvest and this session will explore three of them: fermenting, hot water bathing and pickling. Participants will learn how to ferment food, how to cook and preserve pasta sauce and how to make pickles and get to take home and eat the results! Presented by Sas Jacobs from Swan Valley Gourmet.
This workshop is suitable for adults and children aged 14 and over.
Participants need to bring:
• Food preparation gloves if required
• Half a cabbage
• Food suitable for pickling e.g. chillies, eggs
• Chopping board and knife
• Large fermenting jar – a jar with rubber seal is suitable
• Jar for taking home pickled goods
• Pen and paper for taking notes.
Places are limited, so bookings are essential.
This FREE workshop is part of the Thinking Green workshop series.